Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 15, 2012

June


You would think we would have a ton of time on our hands, being teachers, but that is not the case.  We have been so busy this month that it has just flown by.  The school year ended and we were unsure of our jobs for next year.  We have now signed our contracts and things are official.  Jim will be back at Eagan High School and will be full time...yay!!!  I will be returning to half of my job ( a .4 FTE) at Black Hawk Middle School.  I lost the high school part of my job due to seniority in the district.  It was a big bummer, but I think in the end this will be the best for the students at the middle school.  I can concentrate on building my program and giving those students the opportunities they should have.  I also get to help Ashlyn and Aubrie get on the bus every morning...something I have always wanted.

The girls started summer by attending VBS at our church.  This is the first year all four of them have been able to attend.  They had plenty of stories to tell after each day.  Ashlyn was also able to help lead the music in worship the following weekend, a great experience for her.

                                                          The girls ready for VBS!!
                                   Ashlyn helping lead worship...look for the pink headband.

   The three younger girls also sang in church that Sunday..they are in the middle/bottom in blue shirts.

The three younger girls also started gymnastics this summer.  It will keep them busy every Friday morning.  Aubrie has moved up into the "big girl" room and the twins are starting for the very first time with other 3 year olds.  They have all done a wonderful job so far.  It is fun to watch the little girls listen to a teacher and try new things.  They like to wave to Aubrie (who waves back) when they are near each other.

                                      Sabrina, Kadence and Aubrie all ready for their first day!!

The weather has been off and on...it goes from beautiful to rainy to stormy to steamy.  The girls have been in the pool a few times, we have been rained in (finding fun things to do), and we have had a storm pass through that hit our neighborhood pretty hard.
Aubrie on the Slip 'n Slide

The girls in the pool on a hot and humid day

Rainy Day Braids

Rainy day hair salon

                                                              Our sad and broken tree

                                            The girls' "cabin" had a rough time in the storm

                A large tree that was laying in our front yard after the storm...the girls said good-bye to "The
                                                                  Christmas Tree".

We celebrated Father's Day with Jim and Grandpa.  The boys were able to catch a movie...a very manly, alien movie.

                                                                        A new tie
                                                     Helping Grandpa read his cards
                                                     A new cooler...a very large cooler.

Ashlyn has been busy the last 2 weeks involved in a play.  She has had 4 hours of rehearsal every day and she had two performances in the past two days.  She did great and remembered her 4 lines (the best lines in the show, in our opinion).  This was her first experience on stage and she did wonderful.  She enjoyed herself and we hope to get her involved in another show sometime this year.

We are still potty training the little girls.  Kadence has been doing well the past few days and I hope to have her trained within the next week or so...maybe even days :)  Sabrina will go on the potty, but only if you bribe her with something really good.  She will make us work a little more.


UPDATE:  So I never posted the "June" update...I forgot.  Now I want to update about 4th of July and our trip to Mexico.  I will wait a few days before posting that :)

Potty training update....Both Kadence and Sabrina are now wearing underwear every day!!!  Both girls are pretty good about telling us they need to go, but still need reminders here and there.  We are so excited to see the end of pull-ups and diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment